How do I get a copy of a police report?
Contact the Records section of the Waukesha Police Department at 262-524-3808. Written requests should be directed to Captain Dan Baumann. Please note that all record requests are subject to review. Records are not public until the persons have been through court and a disposition is received. There are several exceptions.

Not all police contacts result in a written report. Some incidents are documented in the dispatch log as a matter of information.

Landlords can obtain copies of police contacts in regards to tenant problems (i.e., noise complaints).

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a copy of a police report?
2. Is there a charge for reports?
3. What is the difference between a "record request" and a "record check"?