Recycling and Solid Waste
Basic City of Waukesha Garbage and Recycling Service Information
The City of Waukesha contracts residential recycling and solid waste services with Advanced Disposal. General guidelines about garbage and recycling in the City of Waukesha include:
- Garbage is picked up weekly and recycling is picked up every-other-week.
- During the holiday weeks of New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day, services will be bumped one day due to these holidays, if the holiday falls on a week day. Service will be normal the day before these holidays, if they are on a weekday (there is still pickup on the "eve" of the holidays).
- Carts (or materials) must be set out by 6:30 a.m. on the day of service. and emptied carts or leftover materials must be removed from the curb the same night of service.
- Where properties have provided carts for automated pickup, only materials within the carts will be taken. Please do not put bags or other random small items on the ground.
- Bulky trash items - up to 3 items which literally do not fit in the cart if the cart was empty (for example, a mattress, a sofa, a chair) will be taken if set out next to the carts (See REGULATIONS below for more details on "how" to set out certain items). Extra bags and other small items are NOT considered bulky items. There is NO "bulky recycling" pickup for cardboard or other recyclables. All recyclables must be in the cart.
- Appliances and tires (there is a limit) should be called in to Advanced Disposal customer service to alert them of the item being set out. Please call 262-367-6040.
- There is no pickup of TVs or other electronics at any time. All TVs and electronics must be turned in per state law to an electronics recycling company or organization.
Want to do more? Visit www.recyclemorewisconsin.org!