4th of July Activities
Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department presents the 2021 Independence Day Activities. The event takes place on July 4th, and this year's theme honor the City of Waukesha’s 125th Anniversary with the theme, "Looking Back – Reaching Forward.” The parade line-up will take place in the area of Cutler Park, 321 Wisconsin Avenue, with the
- 9:30 to 10:00 am - Line-Up in the area of Cutler Park
- 11:00 am - Parade Begins
Children will have an opportunity to participate in the parade by decorating their bikes, trikes, buggies, wagons, and themselves! Children and their parents can line up in Cutler Park beginning at 10:00 am. Bike helmets are strongly recommended. Groups and families are encouraged to enter floats in the parade that reflect the theme "Looking Back – Reaching Forward" and meet the minimum standards. No application for the Children's Unit is required.
PLEASE NOTE: NO MOTORIZED ENTRIES IN THE CHILDREN’S UNIT WILL BE ALLOWED.
Community organizations, families, and businesses are encouraged to enter a float into the parade. Deadline to register is Friday, June 4, 2021.
Entry Registration Form (PDF)
Sign Up to receive information and reminders about the events
via text messaging by clicking below:
The Independence Day celebration concludes with a bang! Bring your blankets and chairs to:
Waukesha County Expo Center:
Gates open at 7:00 pm
NEW THIS YEAR:
- CARS parking on the Expo Grounds: cars will be parked at every other spot by staff and patrons will remain in their cars or in the parking space immediately to the left of their vehicle. Attendees must follow the direction of parking staff. No access to the grounds will be allowed. Use Gate #1 only. 700 spaces available.
- PEDESTRIANS will be allowed on the grounds from Gate #3 only. Attendees must choose a cone to sit near and remain in that area for the duration or remain socially distant from others.
- Please wear a mask when leaving your designated area to use the restrooms. Concessions will not be available.
- Fireworks begin approximately 9:30 pm
In the event of rain, this portion of the event will be rescheduled for July 5.
Things to Know:
Pets, carry-in fireworks (including sparklers), candles, grills, and alcoholic beverages are not allowed on Expo grounds.