Sick Relative Email
Sorry to bother you with this. I am presently in Greece with my ill Cousin. She's suffering from a Kidney disease (Chyluria) and must undergo surgery to save her life, The doctor advised that the infected kidney must be removed on time to avoid the second kidney from being infected. I am deeply sorry for not writing or calling you before leaving, the news of her illness arrived to me as an emergency and that she needs family support to keep her going, I hope you understand my plight and pardon me.
The surgery is very cheap here in Greece and I will appreciate if you can assist me, I need the sum of $2,600 to make the necessary arrangement for the surgery. My credit card didn't work here in Greece and I traveled with little money due to the short time I had to prepare for this trip, I never expected things to be the way it is right now. The surgery needs to be done as soon as possible because she is going through pains at the moment and it is becoming unbearable, The doctor advised that she has to be operated on time to avoid complications. I will appreciate whatever amount you can come up with if not all. Please get back to me.
Another variation of this email would be a relative is in jail in another country and need money for bail.
What You Should Not Do
- Call any numbers in the email
- Click on any links in the email
- Send any amount of money
What You Should Do
- Always try to contact your family member or friend being referenced in the email.
- If you are unable to get in contact with that person call another friend or family member that is familiar with the referenced person to see if they know their whereabouts.
- Use contact information that you are familiar with.