Fire Prevention Bureau
Preventing fires from occurring in the first place is a continuing mission for the City of Waukesha Fire Department, Fire Prevention Bureau (FPB).
Activities & Responsibilities
The FPB has many different responsibilities within the community. These activities include:
- Administering a Juvenile Fire Setters Education (JFE) Program
- Conducting plan reviews for:
- Conducting routine fire prevention inspections of all the industries, businesses, schools, parks, rooming houses, and community-based residential facilities that call the City of Waukesha their home
- Overseeing the inspection of multi-family dwellings (anything more than 2 families)
- Conducting follow-up inspections for previous routine inspections that yielded multiple violations, or violations that are of grave concern
- Conducting occupancy inspections with the Building Department
- Giving fire safety speeches and presentations to community groups and individuals that request them. Complete and Submit the Pub Ed Request form (open the document in Acrobat before completing form).
- Investigating fires in conjunction with the Waukesha Police Department
- Researching, designing, implementing, administering, and reviewing various fire prevention education programs
Fire Prevention staff can be reached Monday - Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at (262) 524-3648.