The City of Waukesha Fire Department:
- Has the strength of approximately 106 sworn and civilian employees
- Serves over 72,000 residents within the City's 25.07 square miles
- Works out of 5 strategically located stations
Our members provide the following services to the City's residents, its businesses, and its visitors:
- Emergency Medical Services
- Advanced Life Support (Paramedic)
- Basic Life Support
- Fire Prevention & Public Education Services
- Fire Inspections
- Fire Safety House
- Hands-only CPR
- Stop the Bleed
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Fire Suppression
- Juvenile Fire Education
- Lockbox Information
- Smoke Detector Program
- Special Rescue Services
- Confined Space Rescue
- Emergency Building Shoring
- Hazardous Materials Mitigation
- Rope Rescue
- Trench Rescue
Our mission is to safely protect the lives and property of our community.
Values and Ethics Statement
We place a high value in treating people with dignity. We continuously strive to deliver service that is effective, efficient and equitable in all areas of our organization. As part of the Greater Waukesha Community, we strive to provide the highest level of service to contribute to the high quality of life in Waukesha.
Our Department is committed to:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Risk Management
- "We will risk a lot to save lives"
- "We will risk some to save lives that may already be lost, and the property of our citizens"
- "We will risk nothing to save that which is already lost"
- "Wowing" customer service
- Respect for Diversity
- High Performance
- Openness and Teamwork
- Planning for a safer future
- Coordination and Cooperation with all levels of government
The members of our department are the foundation of our commitment to our service to the Community. We value our employees and encourage their participation in decisions. Employees are encouraged to seek training and new experiences to progress personally and professionally. Our goal is to promote the "Golden Rule"; "One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself." We are committed to our Labor/Management process.
Service to the Community
Waukesha Fire Department members are proud of their service to the community and demonstrate their commitment to success by researching new ways of providing the most efficient and professional services possible to those who reside in, work in, or visit our community.
As always, we appreciate the continued support we receive from the residents of Waukesha. Thank you for visiting our website and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, suggestions, or concerns that you may have. Your input is invaluable to us and makes a difference in how the organization is operated and what services we offer. Together, as a community, we can continue to ensure that our organization offers a level of service that is second-to-none.
City of Waukesha Fire Department