Welcome to the Clerk-Treasurer's WebpageThe Clerk-Treasurer's Office strives to deliver the best possible service to the residents, Common Council, and to the staff of the City of Waukesha, while carrying out the duties and responsibilities required by Wisconsin State Statues, City Ordinances and Common Council Resolutions.
The main responsibilities of the Clerk-Treasurer's Department include the following:
- Administers elections for the City of Waukesha & maintains the WisVote database
- Administers Oath of Office for a variety of appointments
- Collects real estate/personal property taxes and payments for City invoices
- Issues a variety of municipal licenses and permits
- Keeps record of proceedings at Board of Review Hearings
- Maintains City Code Book & publishes ordinances, resolutions & public hearing notices
- Performs all other duties required by law, ordinance or lawful direction of the City Council, and comply with policies of the City of Waukesha
- Prepares minutes for the Common Council and Ordinance and License Committee
- Prepares tax bills for property and business owners
- Processes and routes City Claims and special assessment letters
|2020-15||An Ordinance to Consolidate Municipal Code Sections Relating to Animals into Chapter 33, to Renumber Certain Municipal Code Sections, and to Create New Municipal Code Sections Relating to Animals|
|2020-16||An Ordinance to Repeal Section 11.22 (Dogs & Cats) and Renumber and Repeal in part Section 11.24 (Birds & Animals)|
|2020-17||An Ordinance Amending Section 12.05(18) Public Nuisances|
|2020-18||An Ordinance to Amend Certain Provisions of the Public Nuisances Ordinances Section 12.10(2)(d)15. and Sec. 33|
|2020-19||An Ordinance Amending Sections 18.05 of the Electrical Code and 20.03 of the Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning Code of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding HVAC and Electrical Licensing|
|2021-1||An Ordinance Amending Section 11.27(4)(a) of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding Possession of Alcohol Beverages in Parks|
|2021-2||An Ordinance Amending Section 3.08 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding the Administration of Prairie Home Cemetery Trust Funds|
|2021-3||An Ordinance Amending Subsection (b)(4) of Section 9.115 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding Outdoor Delivery of Goods to Customers' Vehicles within Licensed Premises.|
Clerk-Treasurer Permit Calendar
Includes approved block parties, special events, street closings, parades, special class b, and extension of premises permits. Permits are only put on this calendar after they have been approved and issued.
*To view special event applications submitted to the Clerk-Treasurer's office,
please click here.