- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Register to Vote
- Track your Absentee Ballot
- View a Sample Ballot
- Find my Polling Place
How to request an Absentee Ballot:
To request an Absentee Ballot be mailed to you, please visit www.MyVote.wi.gov
Absentee ballots may be returned:
- Via mail (postage is already printed on the envelope provided)
- Hand deliver your ballot to City Hall, Clerk’s Office, Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Drop off your ballot at the 24/7 City Hall Secure Drop Box attached to the NEW City Hall, to the left of the main entrance. ***PLEASE NOTE*** With the ongoing construction around City Hall, it may be difficult to access the Drop Box.
If you still have your ballot on Election Day, it may be returned in person to your polling location by 8pm on Election Day, Tuesday, February 16th.
In Person Absentee Voting (often referred to as Early Voting):
In-Person Absentee Voting (often referred to as Early Voting) will take place at the NEW City Hall (201 Delafield Street, Clerk’s Office, Room 150). Enter the Downtown Transit Center (Parking Structure) off Brook Street and take the skywalk over to the Clerk’s Office, Room 150.
Dates & Hours will be:
- Tuesday, February 2nd through Friday, February 5th, from 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Monday, February 8th through Thursday, February 11th, from 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Friday, February 12th, from 8:00am-5:00pm.
Anyone voting in-person absentee is encouraged to wear a mask and bring their own black ball point pen. Be prepared to wait in line with social distancing measures in place.
Welcome to the Clerk-Treasurer's WebpageThe Clerk-Treasurer's Office strives to deliver the best possible service to the residents, Common Council, and to the staff of the City of Waukesha, while carrying out the duties and responsibilities required by Wisconsin State Statues, City Ordinances and Common Council Resolutions.
The main responsibilities of the Clerk-Treasurer's Department include the following:
- Administers elections for the City of Waukesha & maintains the WisVote database
- Administers Oath of Office for a variety of appointments
- Collects real estate/personal property taxes and payments for City invoices
- Issues a variety of municipal licenses and permits
- Keeps record of proceedings at Board of Review Hearings
- Maintains City Code Book & publishes ordinances, resolutions & public hearing notices
- Performs all other duties required by law, ordinance or lawful direction of the City Council, and comply with policies of the City of Waukesha
- Prepares minutes for the Common Council and Ordinance and License Committee
- Prepares tax bills for property and business owners
- Processes and routes City Claims and special assessment letters
|2020-10||An Ordinance Amending Sec. 17.09 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding Outdoor Storage
|2020-11||An Ordinance Creating Section 9.115 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding Licensed Premises, Amendments of Licensed Premises, and Temporary Extensions of Licensed Premises|
|2020-12||An Ordinance Amending Section 8.116 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding Sidewalk Cafes|
|2020-13||An Ordinance to Repeal Section 1.06 of the City of Waukesha Municipal Code providing for the canvassing of absentee ballots for all elections in the City of Waukesha by the Municipal Board of Absentee Ballot Canvassers|
|2020-14||An Ordinance Repealing and Replacing Sections of Chapter 22 Regarding Zoning.|
|2020-15||An Ordinance to Consolidate Municipal Code Sections Relating to Animals into Chapter 33, to Renumber Certain Municipal Code Sections, and to Create New Municipal Code Sections Relating to Animals|
|2020-16||An Ordinance to Repeal Section 11.22 (Dogs & Cats) and Renumber and Repeal in part Section 11.24 (Birds & Animals)|
|2020-17||An Ordinance Amending Section 12.05(18) Public Nuisances|
|2020-18||An Ordinance to Amend Certain Provisions of the Public Nuisances Ordinances Section 12.10(2)(d)15. and Sec. 33|
|2020-19||An Ordinance Amending Sections 18.05 of the Electrical Code and 20.03 of the Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning Code of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding HVAC and Electrical Licensing|
Clerk-Treasurer Permit Calendar
Includes approved block parties, special events, street closings, parades, special class b, and extension of premises permits. Permits are only put on this calendar after they have been approved and issued.
*To view special event applications submitted to the Clerk-Treasurer's office,
please click here.