UW-Milwaukee at Waukesha College of General Studies
1500 N University Dr., Waukesha, WI 53186
Saturday & Sunday
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
UWM at Waukesha College of General Studies (CGS) was created in 2018 when UW-Waukesha and UW-Washington County joined with UW-Milwaukee as part of the University of Wisconsin System’s reorganization of the two-year campuses formerly known as UW Colleges. UWM CGS Waukesha includes three departments — Arts and Humanities, Math and Natural Sciences, and Social Sciences and Business. The departments offer classes in more than 29 subject areas and is a great place to start your college education. CGS Waukesha also boasts a nursing program that is beginning this fall. The Continuing Education department serves the Waukesha community with Community Outreach classes including personal enrichment, professional development, educational travel, and youth learning opportunities.
Come meet our instructors and try a class!
- STEM University - Various STEM activities available every 30 minutes for students aged 8-14 years.
- Community Music program - Live music all day with breaks every 30 minutes to provide opportunities to ask questions about Community programs which include Band, Chorus, and Handbells.
- Educational Travel - Information on all current travel opportunities will be available with the opportunity to speak to the trip coordinator.
- Continuing Education - Learn about Continuing Education & Professional Development offerings for community members ages 8-108!
- Astrophotography and Astronomy - Classes begin every hour from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Participants will begin their amazing journey through our universe with Professor Roscoe! Explore some general aspects of astrophotography and basic cosmology by gaining a general understanding of telescopes and digital photography. Astrophotography is a specialized type of photography for recording photos of astronomy that include celestial events, astronomical objects, and the night sky! Visitors are encouraged to join a mini-lecture and get answers to dark matter, dark energy, and other universes.
- Wake up the Writer Within Class - Sunday, 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.; Information/meet instructor Joanne Nelson from 3:00-5:00pm. Explore writing nonfiction, fiction, or poetry for your own enjoyment, to share with family, or for publication.
- Lower Your Stress & Boost Your Energy Through Creative Work - Sunday, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Classes begin every hour; 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Information/meet the instructor. Creativity educator instructor, Geri Chesner, will teach participants how to employ their mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, and temporal creativity spaces to bring creative projects to life.
- Transition into Retirement - Sunday, 2:00 to 5:00 p.m., instructor Mary Paul.
- Professional Development - Find out what UWM has for your business and professional growth. Whether you are building your professional portfolio or your business, we can help. Why pay for training that your employees will not use? Customize your options with UWM College of General Studies Continuing Education.
Masks are required for activities at UW-Milwaukee at Waukesha College of General Studies
This location is kid-friendly.
Photography and Filming Permissions:
During this event, photography and filming are allowed.
This location is accessible.