125th Anniversary Logo Contest
We are proud to announce the winner of the City’s 125th Anniversary logo contest is Sarah Sallmann, a City of Waukesha resident. The City engaged residents in the monthlong contest to create a logo reflecting the theme of the celebration “Looking Back – Reaching Forward.” More than 1,600 votes were cast and Sallmann was chosen by the public for her design, winning the $100 prize.
“Congratulations to Sarah for doing a great job capturing elements of the City of Waukesha,” said Shawn Reilly, Mayor of Waukesha. “We had some really innovative entries and appreciate the public taking the time to choose how we represent the City’s 125th anniversary throughout 2021.”
"As a lifelong resident of Waukesha, I’m excited to share my art with the community and help celebrate the 125th anniversary of this wonderful city,” said Sallmann. Born and raised in the city of Waukesha, Sallmann attended school in Waukesha, graduated from WCTC, and is currently an art director.
Sallmann’s logo, will be used as the City’s official 125th Anniversary logo on all promotional materials such as the City website, newsletters, social media, and flyers throughout the year 2021.
The City is making plans for special events and celebrations throughout the year 2021. More information on the year-long celebration will be available at the end of the year.
Call for submissions! - DEADLINE HAS PASSED
The City of Waukesha will be celebrating 125 years as a city in 2021 and we need a logo!
The theme for Waukesha’s 125th Anniversary is “Looking Back – Reaching Forward.” The Anniversary will be celebrated throughout 2021, and the winning logo will be used as the official 125th Anniversary logo on promotional materials, such as the City of Waukesha website, the City of Waukesha newsletter, and social media.
Get those creative juices flowing and help us recognize the City of Waukesha’s 125th Anniversary. In a nutshell:
- Contest is open to any Waukesha resident.
- The winning design will be used as the official logo for the 125th anniversary.
- The winner will also receive a $100 cash prize!
- Deadline to enter: July 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CST - DEADLINE HAS PASSED
Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions
- Entrant must be a resident of the City of Waukesha.
- All ages may enter. Entrants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the Official Contest Entry Form online.
How to Enter:
- Complete the Official Contest Entry Form and submit your logo electronically.
- Entrants may submit a maximum of two entries.
- There is no entry fee.
- The Deadline for entry is 11:59 p.m. CST on July 15 at 11:59 p.m. CST. - DEADLINE HAS PASSED
- The Entry Form must be completed and your logo submitted by that deadline, or it will not be considered.
- The top three entries will be selected by members of the City of Waukesha 125th Anniversary Marketing committee on July 16, 2020. The committee is comprised of Waukesha area residents, Waukesha area business owners and employees, and City staff.
- The top three entries will be presented on the City website and social media for the public to choose the logo they think best represents the City of Waukesha’s 125th Anniversary by July 17, 2020.
- Winner will be selected, and notified, by July 27, 2020.
- The winning Entrant will receive a certificate of appreciation, recognition by Mayor Shawn Reilly at a Common Council meeting, and a cash prize of $100.The City of Waukesha will make public and otherwise use the winning Entrant’s name for publicity purposes.
- The logo must feature the City of Waukesha and the theme of “Looking Back – Reaching Forward.” It should represent the past, present, and future of the City of Waukesha.
- The logo will be used in both black and white and color, so the design must work well in both grayscale and color.
- The logo must work well in both small and large sizes.
- Entries must be submitted as a high-resolution EPS, JPEG, or PDF file, of at least 300 DPI. The winning Entrant is encouraged to provide a high-resolution vector file, fonts, and any other files to ensure the Committee can display the logo at high resolution.
- Logos must be original and not contain any trademarks, trade names, or copyrighted materials.
Other Terms and Conditions:
- Submission of an entry and acceptance by the City of Waukesha constitutes a conveyance to the City of Waukesha of all ownership, right, title, and interest in the entry, including copyright, in consideration of the opportunity to have the artwork selected as the official logo for Waukesha’s 125th Anniversary, and the $100 prize, if the entry is selected as the winner. No other consideration will be given. Acceptance by the City does not occur until the City has verified that the entry is original and does not constitute an infringement of any trademark, trade name, or copyright.
- Selection of a winner will be in the sole discretion of the 125th Anniversary Committee, and is not appealable.
- All entries, including non-winners, may be displayed publicly by the City of Waukesha.
- Entries will not be returned to Entrants.
- The Committee will not be responsible for entries lost in the submission process.
Submission of an entry constitutes an agreement by the Entrant to abide by, and be bound by, these contest rules, terms and conditions.