"The Moving Wall"
Noon, May 27 through 6:00 am, June 1
New Location: Frame Park
"The Moving Wall" is scheduled to visit the City of Waukesha May 27 through 6:00 am June 1, 2021. "The Moving Wall" is a half-sized replica of the Washington DC Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
An Opening Ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, May 27 at 6:00 pm. During the ceremony, the names of our Brothers lost from the City of Waukesha will be read aloud. Family members of the Waukesha Servicemen will be recognized if they choose so. Please see more information below. Check back for more information about additional ceremonies taking place including the Closing Ceremony, and recognition each evening of the Servicemen from other Waukesha County communities.
Family and Descendants Recognition at Opening Ceremonies
The City of Waukesha in partnership with the Waukesha County Historical Society & Museum is seeking contact information for family members of area service men to be recognized at the May 27th Opening Ceremony.
Submit information if you are the surviving family member of a Service member from Waukesha whose name is listed on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. We will honor and respect the wishes of family members as specified in this form. Participation is optional.
How Can I Support The Moving Wall?
Become a Sponsor or Donor
Open sponsorship brochure here!
Purchase a flag for the Field of Honor®
- Honor a loved one! Flags will be proudly displayed in the Field of Honor® during the visit of the nationally-traveling exhibit, “The Moving Wall”. Hundreds of U.S. flags will fly atop 7½ foot tall flagpoles creating a gorgeous scene of red, white & blue in Frame Park. The display will be open for public viewing 24 hours a day during the event. Your flag will be tagged with a personalized message recognizing your honoree.
- Consider purchasing a flag to honor:
- Active duty Military
- Fallen Servicemen & Women
- First Responders
- Heroes in your life
Dedicate your flag for $50
Scan this QR Code
- Visit www.healingfield.org/event/waukesha21
- To order by phone, call 866-375-3524
- See more information in this Field of Honor Brochure
Purchase a Limited-Edition T-shirt -$20
T-Shirts are now available atWaukesha Parks, Recreation & Forestry office
1900 Aviation Dr., Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Only 200 shirts are available
Consider volunteering for this worthwhile program. Various times and dates are available. For more information, contact April Dethloff or click here to sign up!