The Department of Public Works will once again provide leaf pickup service in Waukesha between October 16th and December 8th.
Residents should abide by the following guidelines for the service:
1) Leaves may be placed on the terrace starting October 16th.
2) Leaves should be placed loose on the terrace. Do NOT place leaves in bags or containers.
3) Leaves should be on the terrace, not on the street or in the gutter. Leaves in the street can cause damage when washed into storm sewers.
4) ONLY leaves should be in the pile—do not mix in other yard waste or trash or recyclables. Branches and brush will NOT be picked up.
5) Residents may also bring leaves to the Drop-Off Center (750 Sentry Dr.) for free during leaf season during open public hours (see PDF below for hours).
6) City crews may arrive early to some streets if they get ahead of schedule, but will return again on the scheduled day for pickups (see PDF below for schedule).
7) On pickup day in your district, avoid parking cars in front of leaf piles which prohibits the crew from reaching the leaves.
8) If it snows, crews may be diverted to plowing and not stay on the leaf pickup schedule. But leaves will still be picked up as long as the snow doesn’t bury them and freeze. In that event, crews will plan to revisit and pick up leaves in the spring as necessary.